If you are having a rustic-themed wedding, these homemade signs will add the perfect touch to your big day. Creating these signs couldn’t be easier and using labels as stencils is such a unique craft!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Stained wooden sign
- Acrylic white paint
- X-Acto knife
- Removable Full Sheet Label
- Polycrylic in satin
- Printables (which you’ll find below)
Download the wedding sign printables here. These are made for US Letter paper, but will print perfectly on a full A4 sheet of paper.
- Use the X-Acto knife to cut the outline of the words. Be very careful!
- Peel off the cut words from the label paper. This will create your sign stencil.
- Firmly place down your stencil to the wood so it sticks properly. Make sure each air bubble is smoothed out.
- Use the stencil to paint onto the sign. It’s important to continue to paint as little on the label sheet as possible to avoid colour bleeding through.
- Peel the label (this is where removable material comes in handy) and you all all done! Allow the paint to dry and impress all of your wedding guests!